Professor of Management
On faculty since 2006
Ph.D., Iowa State University
M.B.A., College of William and Mary
B.A., Pepperdine University
My primary research interest is strategic human resource management (HR), or how people management practices facilitate the accomplishment of strategic organizational objectives. I firmly believe that human resources are inherently worthy of investment, as God's image bearers and the ultimate source of all wealth creation in business contexts.
To that end, I regularly engage in strategic HR consulting activities with business firms. Some representative clients include Chattem/Sanofi Aventis, Southern Champion Tray, BJB Electric, Payless ShoeSource, Kenco, and FSG Bank. I also actively conduct scholarly and professional writing activities. A listing of representative publications is included below.
I'm a hockey nut, having grown up in Detroit, Michigan (aka "Hockeytown") and having played competitive ice hockey through my college years. Today I play competitive inline/roller hockey and serve as the advisor for the burgeoning Covenant College Hockey Club. I also enjoy golf. Mostly, I love my bride Jamie, and our four children (the "Quattro, Quatro" kids). With four kids, two cats, one dog, and one very wary goldfish, our house is never a boring place!
I currently serve in the following capacities at Covenant:
- Strategic Plan Oversight Committee - Member
- Admissions Committee – Member, Chair
- Student Business Club - Co-Advisor
I currently hold membership in the following organizations:
- Christian Business Faculty Association - Member
- Christian Business Faculty Association Conference Peer Review Board - Member
- Journal of Business Ethics Peer Review Board - Member
- Human Resource Development Review Journal Peer Review Board – Member
- Journal of Biblical Integration in Business Peer Review Board - Member
- Quatro, S.A. (2012) Millennial-Centric Strategic HR: Key HR Practices for Attracting, Developing, and Retaining Millennials, in Sauser, W. and Sims, R. (editors) Managing Human Resources for the Millennial Generation. Information Age Publishing: Greenwich, CT.
- Quatro, S.A. (2012) Is Business as Mission (BAM) a Flawed Concept? A Reformed Christian Response to the BAM Movement. Journal of Biblical Integration in Business, 14 (1).
- Gilley, J.W., Gilley, A., Quatro, S.A. and Dixon, P. (editors) (2009) The Praeger Handbook of Human Resource Management. Praeger Publishers: Westport, CT.
- Quatro, S.A. (2008) In Defense of Profit Maximization: Christian Religiosity as Support for Milton Friedman's Provocative Claim, in Quatro, S.A., and Sims, R. (editors) Executive Ethics: Ethical Dilemmas and Challenges for the C-Suite. Information Age Publishing: Greenwich, CT.
- Quatro, S.A., and Sims, R. (editors) (2008) Executive Ethics: Ethical Dilemmas and Challenges for the C-Suite. Information Age Publishing: Greenwich, CT.
- Quatro, S.A., Waldman, D.A., and Galvin, B. M. (2007) Developing Holistic Leaders: Four Domains for Leadership Practice and Development. Human Resource Management Review, 17 (4).
- Quatro, S.A., Waldman, D.A., and Galvin, B. M. (2006) Leadership Development and Strategic HR at a Crossroads, in Sims, R. (editor) Human Resource Management: Contemporary Issues, Challenges, and Opportunities. Information Age Publishing: Greenwich, CT.
- Quatro, S.A. (2005) HR-Minded Leadership: Five Critical Areas of Focus for Contemporary Organizational Leaders, in Sims, R. and Quatro, S.A. (editors) Leadership: Succeeding in the Private, Public, and Not-for-Profit Sectors. M.E. Sharpe: Armonk, NY.
- Sims, R. and Quatro, S.A. (editors) (2005) Leadership: Succeeding in the Private, Public, and Not-for-Profit Sectors. M.E. Sharpe: Armonk, NY.
- Quatro, S.A. (2004) New Age or Age Old: Classical Management Theory and Traditional Organized Religion as Underpinnings of the Contemporary Organizational Spirituality Movement. Human Resource Development Review, 3 (3).
Spring 2014 Courses
BUS250 Principles of Management
BUS320 Human Resource Management
BUS400 Strategic Management
BUS492 Senior Integration Paper
COR340 Christ and Culture Seminar
Faculty-Student Mentoring in the Business Program