Education Career Summit 2016
The Education Department of Covenant College is pleased to announce Career Summit--new and restructured--on Thursday and Friday, March 3-4, 2016.
What You Need to Know About Career Summit
School administrators have suggested that they would like to showcase their schools as part of Career Summit, so we have listened.
Thursday of Career Summit is devoted to school presentations and panel discussions per the following schedule:
- From 3:00-5:20 pm—school presentations to all teacher candidates
- 5:20-6:20—dinner for administrators and Education Department faculty
- 6:20-8:40—more school presentations followed by panel discussions involving administrators on topics of interest to educators
- 8:40-9:00—teacher candidates and administrators sign up for individual interviews which will occur on Friday
We will do our best to honor preferences on both sides as well as to ensure that each candidate has at least 5-6 interviews.
Friday of Career Summit is devoted to interviews per the following schedule:
- By 8:00 am—interview schedule will be emailed to teacher candidates and administrators
- 8:30-9:50—individual interviews, 20 minutes in length
- 9:50—break with refreshments
- 10:10-noon—individual interviews, 20 minutes in length
- 12:00-1:00—lunch for all administrators, teacher candidates, education faculty
- 1:00-2:20—individual interviews, 20 minutes in length
- 2:30-4:00—optional time for additional interviews as needed
Directory of Teacher Candidates 2016
The Directory provides a brief sketch on each candidate. Administrators are encouraged to review sketches to determine which candidates might be good matches for anticipated teacher vacancies.
With limitations of both time and space, up to two people from each school may register. If you wish to bring more than two people, please contact us before you register. Registration is limited to a total of 20 schools.
- Cost: $40 per administrator. Due with registration and nonrefundable. Includes dinner on Thursday and lunch on Friday.
- Click here to register online
- Registration deadline: on or before February 19, 2016
- Contact for questions: Jane Stewart; 706.419.1407
- Administrators are welcome to bring promotional materials to distribute to teacher candidates, but space limitations do not allow for visual displays.
Registrants will receive confirmation of registration by email.
In mid-February, all registrants will receive a follow up email with:
- Your scheduled time to present your school
- Your scheduled time to participate in a panel discussion -- if you have volunteered for this on the Registration Form -- along with the topics and questions to be considered
- Information about location and parking
We value our partnership with you in launching our teacher candidates.