Athletics - intercollegiate, club sports, and intramurals - continues to play a vital role in the life of the Covenant community, complementing the academic program and other co-curricular opportunities to produce full-orbed life and life-preparation for our students. Highlights included:
- Continued good progress into the third of four years of the NCAA Division III provisional process;
- Completion of the athletics strategic plan;
- First-time regular season competition in the Great South Athletic Conference (NCAA Division III), with eligibility for regular season titles in 2011-2012 and for post-season play in 2014-2015;
- 8 of our 13 varsity teams participating in post-season tournaments in the NCCAA: men's soccer, women's soccer, women's volleyball, men's cross-country, women's cross-country, women's basketball, softball, men's golf, with the men's soccer team finishing fourth in the nation, and many Covenant athletes receiving academic and/or athletic honors;
- New coaches hired in cross-country, golf, and tennis;
- Facility enhancements: new cross-country trails, new bleachers at soccer and baseball/softball fields, new lights at soccer field, new lights in performance gymnasium, and new offices for coaches;
- A mission trip to Greece for the men's basketball team.