Move-In Day Checklist 2017
Below is a list of activities and offices to assist you in your transition process. Please note that while many of the below activities are suggested, health forms are required for new students to register for classes and your Scotscard will be required to gain entrance into the cafeteria and the residence halls.
You should complete checklist items 1 to 5 before Monday afternoon August 21.
1. Residential Students | Residence Hall Lobbies
- Meet your resident director (RD) and resident assistant (RA).
- Pick up your room key.
- Check into your room.
- Find information and directions to local churches as well as the best suggestions for Chattanooga sights and sounds.
2. Health Services | Carter Hall 111
- Turn in immunization records, TB test & result, health insurance information, and health history forms. All paperwork must be completed prior to being allowed to register on Monday, August 21.
- Health Services is permanently located in Jackson Hall but for your convenience, it will be located in Carter Hall 111 on August 18 & 19.
3. Mailroom | Carter Hall Basement
- Pick up mailbox assignment and key
4. ScotsCard | Carter Hall 109
- Get your student ID card made to gain access to residence halls, and make use of your meal plan and other services
- The ScotsCard Office is permanently located in Safety and Security in the basement of Carter Hall room 29. For your convenience, it will located in Carter Hall 109 on August 18 & 19.
5. Vehicle Registration
- Please register your vehicle online. You will need to have your vehicle VIN number, license plate information, and a debit/credit card to pay your registration (range of $100-200). After you register, a temporary permit will be emailed to you to place in your car until the permanent decal is ready to be picked up from the Safety & Security Team. If you have additional questions about the process or are having difficulty, please stop by and let us know.
Checklist items 6 to 10 are not required but may be helpful for you to complete.
6. Financial Aid | Probasco Visitor Center
- Have your questions answered about aid, loans, and the verification process
- If you have student employment, please bring original forms of ID for completing I9 process.
7. Accounting Office | Carter Hall 147
- Have your billing questions answered and make payments on your account
8. Office of Records | Carter Hall 149
- Have your questions answered regarding transfer credits including Advance Placement.
Note: Schedule changes will not be made until Monday afternoon during your scheduled advising time. See your orientation folder for your advising time on Monday.
9. Technology Services | Mills Hall 110
- Instructions for how to setup your wireless internet are in your new student packet; for additional help, visit Technology Services on the first floor of Mills Hall
10. Local bank representatives | Carter Basement
- Meet with local bank representatives to set up savings and checking accounts.
- Banks will only be on campus on August 18th from 9am to 3pm.
Download the Move-In Day checklist