The Human Resources Intern will provide support for the daily operations of the Human Resources Department with attention to the Employee Services and Workforce Planning areas.
- Maintain accuracy of, and update employee personnel files in accordance with company policies and government regulations
- Enter data into Human Resources database to keep employee records current
- Compose competent memos to employees to effectively communicate policy and procedural changes
- Assist in the construction and improvement of company policies and procedures
- Review resumes in online database to recruit qualified individuals for specific open positions
- Maintain employment resumes, applications, and applicant flow logs in line with standard company procedures
- Assist in recruitment activities and special projects as needed
- File documents and answer phone calls
Education, Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
- Must be junior or senior currently enrolled in a 4-year college or master program with a preferred course of study in Human Resources Management.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
- Knowledge of U.S. Labor Laws: FLSA, OSHA, FMLA, and IRCA is preferred
- Must have exceptional oral, written and interactive communication skills
- Skilled in effective research tactics and good organization
- Ability to maintain high standards of confidentiality
- Ability to convey a positive and professional image to internal and external customers
To apply, visit the UPS website.