Industrial Engineering Intern
UPS is recruiting for an Engineering Intern. The intern will work individually or on small teams to develop job methods and work measurement for specific internal UPS tasks or jobs. Interns will be trained in Time Measurement and Master Standard Data (MSD) in order to accurately and effectively perform measurement analysis. Completed projects will be presented to the Corporate Industrial Engineering staff at the end of the summer.
- Develop process improvement and layout changes to increase productivity and profitability.
- Perform operational observation and process documentation.
- Create, analyze and apply original work measurement.
- Monitor and develop productivity standards for functional areas based on work measurement.
- Develop operational volume forecasts and present staffing plans to the IE team.
- Interact with cross-functional teams to resolve operational problems.
- Identify exceptions, formulate recommendations, and implement process improvements.
- Provide steady flow of information to management, customers, internal personnel, and direct reports as committed.
- Conduct cost benefit analysis on projects requiring capital expenses and document validation of findings.
Qualifications and Skills
- Rising Junior to rising Senior Level Majoring in Industrial Engineering or disciplines of Engineering or Operations/Supply Chain Management
- Knowledge of Industrial Engineering and or Engineering related discipline
- Effective statistical analysis skills
- Effective research and communication skills
- Effective with written and oral communications
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer
- Employer will not sponsor visas for this or future positions
- Must be in the same location as the job or willing to relocate yourself there
- Must be a Junior or Senior majoring in an Engineering curriculum or college graduate with an Engineering degree.
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
To apply, visit the UPS website.