Administrative Assistant, Covenant College Foundation
The Administrative Assistant is responsible to the Executive Director of the Covenant College Foundation and performs a variety of administrative and clerical tasks in support of the office. Primary tasks are in the areas of office management, donor relations, and event planning.
- Support the Executive Director with the general daily operations of the office, including managing expense reports, coordinating travel arrangements, keeping records of donors’ face-to-face visits, letters, emails and phone calls.
- Manage Executive Director’s calendar, coordinate appointments, and schedule meetings in coordination with other college departments.
- Foster a professional and courteous relationship with donors, potential donors and board members through contact via phone, mail and email.
- Facilitate the production of the quarterly newsletter Endow, including coordinating resources such as writers and members of the marketing/communications office. Contribute to the writing and editing of some articles as needed.
- Prepare annual donor reports.
- Plan, schedule and coordinate semi-annual board meetings, dinners, and Joint Investment Committee meetings.
- Coordinate and oversee the enrollment of new Heritage Society members.
- Work with external consultants, such as LifeStyle and Crescendo; be familiar with and coordinate services received; and communicate marketing needs as they arise.
- Facilitate the process of Charitable Gift Annuities with vendors and donors.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to type a minimum of 60 wpm
- Excellent attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills
- Ability to work with a wide cross-section of the college’s internal and external constituencies
- Ability to use discretion in sensitive and confidential matters
- Strong initiative with ability to work independently but also to function as a member of a team
- Bachelor’s degree
- Working knowledge of Google Suite
- Advanced clerical skills, including computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office applications)
- An acceptance of and commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- An understanding of the mission and purpose of Covenant College.
- Must be able to assent to Covenant College’s Staff Commitments.
PHYSICAL WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Remain in a stationary position at least 90% of the work day.
- Lifting: occasionally; classified as light, lifting or lowering an object from one level to another (includes upward pulling) up to 10 lbs.
- Letter of interest.
- Résumé, including contact information for three references.
- A statement of faith, sharing about his or her ongoing walk with Christ.