Admissions Counselor, Part-time
The Admissions Counselor is responsible to the Associate Director of Admissions for the development, implementation, and success of a yearly strategic student recruitment plan in his/her assigned region.
- Move a segment of regional student prospects to matriculates, being held accountable for measurable yields and all necessary communication to affect the overall college recruitment goals.
- Develop and/or implement a yearly, region specific recruiting plan that includes intentional and strategic communication with student prospects and their families, regular travel, volunteer engagement, and relationships with key constituents.
- Manage strategic working relationships with a select group of churches, high schools and alumni in a particular region. Build a strong support network with Covenant’s owning denomination, the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA), and like minded para-church organizations.
- Fulfill other such duties as assigned by the Director and/or Associate Director of Admissions.
- Ability to create a sphere of influence with a wide variety of student prospects.
- Proactive, process-oriented and excited to work towards individual goals.
- Able to work as a member of a team with ownership of office and institution-wide goals.
- Ability and desire to work with students from diverse racial, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Strong personal communication skills; word-processing and computer aptitude.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to be flexible with a changing workload.
- Bachelor’s degree; graduate of Covenant College strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of Covenant’s philosophy of education, history, academic and co-curricular program, and core learning outcomes. Strong understanding of the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA) and its core doctrines.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- An acceptance of and commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord
- An understanding of the mission and purpose of Covenant College
- Must be able to assent to Covenant College’s Staff Commitments.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Remain in a stationary position at least 90% of the work day.
- Lifting: occasionally; classified as light, lifting or lowering an object from one level to another (includes upward pulling) up to 10 lbs.
- Letter of interest.
- Résumé, including contact information for three references.
- A statement of faith, sharing about his or her ongoing walk with Christ.