Assistant Women's Basketball Coach & Athletic Administrator
Regular, Full-time (40 hours/week)
Head Women’s Basketball Coach
The Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach is responsible to the Head Women’s Basketball Coach, as well as to the Director of Athletics for the performance of the duties that this job description assigns.
- Disciple student athletes in the program.
- Teach and model the value of Christian competition .
- Recruit and retain quality student athletes who understand and embrace Covenant College’s mission and vision.
- Create service and mission opportunities for student athletes to give back to the community.
- Responsible for planning, oversight, and administration of the women’s basketball budget as appropriate.
- Run all facets of JV program including, recruiting, organizing, planning and scheduling of all practices and competitions for the JV program.
- Responsible for assisting with the management and development of the intercollegiate women’s basketball program including:
- Discipleship of women in the program
- Specified areas of recruitment such as on campus visits, management of recruit database, and other recruiting duties as assigned by the head coach
- On-court coaching and instruction
- Scouting reports
- Office work, including but not limited to: game contracts, hotel and travel arrangements, and game itineraries
- Monitor academic performance of student athletes and partnering with Student Development for discipleship, development and retention of student athletes.
- Conduct summer and exposure women’s basketball camps.
- Contribute to and care for the development and growth of the athletic department as a whole.
- Responsible for administrative staff position within the Athletic Department. This position will be assigned by the Director of Athletics at the beginning of each academic year once all primary staff positions have been determined. Examples of possible roles include, but are not limited to: game day management, intramurals, facility management, laundry operations, or student employee oversight.
- A commitment to adhering to all policies, rules, and regulations of Covenant College, USA South Athletic Conference and the NCAA
- Ability to work cooperatively with other administrators, coaches, students and faculty members
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience coaching women’s basketball
- A strong understanding of and commitment to NCAA Division III
- Master’s degree
- Basketball coaching experience at collegiate level
Additional Eligibility Requirements
- An acceptance of and commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord
- An understanding of the mission and purpose of Covenant College
- Must be able to assent to Covenant College’s Staff Commitments
Interested applicants should submit the following application materials to Tim Sceggel, Director of Athletics at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Letter of interest
- Résumé, including contact information for three references
- Statement of faith, sharing about his/her ongoing walk with Jesus Christ