Part-Time/20-28 hours per week
Director of Business Operations
Operate the college bookstore as a retail operation with the goal of producing a measurable profit as a return on investment. Provide retail products to faculty, staff, students, and visitors, including course materials, Covenant College merchandise, and various sundries.
- Purchase quality products to improve the brand of Covenant College at price points that allow for healthy margins for profit.
- Perform inventory control by monitoring sales and inventory turns for efficient use of capital and service to customers.
- Manage inventory by reviewing sales and monitoring trends to provide a service to customers and generate profit.
- Source and purchase items from vendors (i.e. apparel, art supplies, etc.).
- Determine display of products and promotions to run.
- Organize and approve all invoices/credits to be paid by the Business Office.
- Supervise staff and student workers and establish a work schedule around student schedules during regular work days and to accommodate special bookstore hours.
- Supervise the ordering, merchandising, and receiving and stocking of materials for various departments.
- Communicate with faculty to order course material and directing and supervising students in work-study.
- Communicates with vendors in sourcing, ordering, inventory management and error correction, and parents or alumni in desired products or services, as needed.
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively interact with various constituencies of the college, both internal and external
- Good decision making skills and independent judgment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong initiative to complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Associates degree
- Three years related retail sales and/or marketing experience, or five years of general business experience
- Proficiency using Google Apps and Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Supervisory experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- An acceptance of and commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- An understanding of the mission and purpose of Covenant College
- Must be able to assent to Covenant College’s Staff Commitments
PHYSICAL WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Remain in a stationary position at least 50% of the work day.
- Frequently moves items weighing up to 50 pounds.
Interested applicants should submit the following application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Letter of interest
- Statement of faith