Campus Security Officer
Full and Part-time positions available
Director of Safety and Security
The Campus Security Officer is responsible for the security and safety of the campus by patrolling and monitoring the property in observation of any irregularities or suspicious activities, all while ensuring the well-being of students, employees, and visitors.
- Assist in protecting the property and lives of all while on campus by guarding against theft, assault, fire and other safety issues, and to call for backup when necessary.
- Responsible for assisting with all alarms and campus emergencies, following the appropriate protocol outlined by the College or Director of Safety and Security.
- Remain in compliance with the College, local, state and federal regulations, regarding proper protocol in handling evidence associated with any incident or situation.
- Adhere to the College’s service and operating standards.
- Report violations and investigate suspicious activities, accidents, and safety concerns, keeping the Director of Safety and Security informed of all incidents.
- Responsible for assisting with the upkeep and maintenance of all security cameras.
- Supervise Student Safety Workers (SSW).
- Issue tickets and citations and assist with observing the parking areas for routine operations and special events on campus.
- Utilize radios and mobile telephones to maintain contact with other security personnel.
- Assist in responding to calls as relate to Maintenance and Operations issues and emergencies that arise after hours.
- Assist in maintaining the Campus Security vehicles.
- Assist in issuing keys and monitoring the repair and maintenance of all doors and key card access systems.
- Assist with other duties as assigned by the Director of Safety and Security.
Subject to frequent standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling.
Lifting: Lifting or lowering an object from one level to another (includes upward pulling) up to 30lbs on occasions.
EXPECTED WORK HOURS
This position is scheduled for evening or night shifts. Frequent weekend and occasional holiday work may be required as job duties demand.
- An in-depth understanding of applicable laws, risk management, safety procedures, policies and protocol necessary for an immediate response to emergency situations.
- The ability to interact and build a strong rapport with students, employees, and visitors in a Christian college environment.
- Good leadership and organizational skills; e.g., initiative, the ability to prioritize, and act as a proactive problem-solver.
- Display good judgment and the ability to deal with confidential matters.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- An acceptance of and commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord
- An understanding of the mission and purpose of Covenant College
- Must be able to assent to Covenant College's Staff Committments
- High school diploma or its equivalent.
- At least two (2) years of experience within a security, public safety, or law enforcement organization.
PREFERRED EDUCATION EXPERIENCE
- Experience working in a higher education security/public safety environment is strongly desired.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. Before being considered, an applicant will need to submit:
- Letter of interest indicating part or full-time preference
- Résumé, including contact information for three references
- A statement of faith, sharing about his or her ongoing walk with Christ
Submit all documents to: email@example.com