Director of Admissions
Regular, Full-time (40 hours/week)
Vice President for Admissions & Marketing
The Director of Admissions provides strategic leadership and oversight to the Office of Admissions. This position is responsible for collaborating with the Vice President for Admissions and Marketing to formulate, recommend, design and manage the implementation of enrollment plans and to achieve annual recruitment targets, in keeping with established College admissions priorities.
- Direct the strategic planning and implementation of the College’s admissions efforts.
- Attract, develop, motivate and retain talented employees. Identify performance trends, encourage professional growth opportunities, and deliver individual and team feedback through coaching.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure new students receive exceptional service, fostering trust and cooperation between the Office of Admissions and other departments.
- Ensure compliance with all government and accreditation requirements in admissions. Monitor department and staff compliance with applicable regulations and standards throughout all aspects of the enrollment process, including interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Prepare and manage departmental budget.
- Conduct audits to assess effectiveness of controls, accuracy of departmental records, and efficiency of operations.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results through directing the activities of others and individual/team motivation.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to assess and challenge established practices and draw relevant conclusions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with various constituencies of the college, both internal and external.
- Ability to persuade, market and sell new ideas.
- Proven ability to manage/implement projects and contribute to concept development.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in higher education admissions, with progressive increase in responsibility.
- Demonstrated experience effectively managing a team of people, with specific experience in hiring, training, building teams, coaching, and managing performance.
- Graduate degree in a related field
- Working knowledge of Google Apps
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- An acceptance of and commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- An understanding of the mission and purpose of Covenant College
- Must be able to assent to Covenant College’s Staff Commitments
PHYSICAL WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Remain in stationary position the majority (75%) of the workday
- Lifting or lowering objects up to 10 lbs. from one level to another may be required.
Some travel required.
- Letter of interest
- Statement of faith