Director of Alumni Engagement
Vice President for Advancement
The Director of Alumni Engagement is responsible to the Vice President for Advancement for the development, implementation, measurement, and success of a strategic alumni engagement plan each year. This includes, but is not limited to programs, projects, events, development of resources, and alumni interaction that fosters continued alumni engagement with Covenant.
- Build, develop and implement an alumni relations plan for engaging alumni in prayer, representation, and giving opportunities. Coordinate the facilitation of this alumni involvement with the Development Office, Center for Calling & Career, Admissions Office, and Church Relations.
- Strengthen and promote Covenant’s participation in praying for, representing, and giving to alumni.
- Create and put into action, strategies for connecting students with their upcoming roles and opportunities as alumni.
- Develop and implement solutions for measuring and expanding alumni relations involvement with faculty and staff interdepartmentally.
- Work with VP for Admissions & Marketing on alumni calendar and communication pieces, including but not limited to, social media, web, print and electronic communications.
- Ensure accurate and complete alumni database records including biographical and career information of alumni through use of surveys, projects (e.g. alumni directory), correspondence, website, postal returns, etc.
- Plan, market, and supervise Homecoming and other regional alumni events.
- Create and implement a five and ten-year strategic plan for the Alumni Office.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the VP for Development.
- Strong oral and written communication/presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to coordinate and build relationships among a wide variety of constituents (both internal and external).
- Ability to use discretion in sensitive and confidential matters.
- Demonstrated ability to strategize, implement, and build constituency programs and activities.
- Excellent attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least three years of related work experience
- Technological proficiency, including working knowledge of Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, and social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Graduate of Covenant College
- Experience managing a team
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- An acceptance of and commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- An understanding of the mission and purpose of Covenant College.
- Must be able to assent to Covenant College’s Staff Commitments.
PHYSICAL WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Remain in a stationary position at least 90% of the work day.
- Lifting: occasionally; classified as light, lifting or lowering an object from one level to another (includes upward pulling) up to 10 lbs.
Interested applicants should submit the following application materials to email@example.com
- Letter of interest.
- Résumé, including contact information for three references.
- A statement of faith, sharing about his or her ongoing walk with Christ.