Director of Marketing & Admissions Strategy
POSITION TITLE: Director of Marketing & Admissions Strategy
STATUS: Regular, Full-time (40 hours/week)
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Vice President for Admissions & Marketing
UPDATED: July 2018
The Director of Marketing & Admissions Strategy is a newly created position which oversees the execution and strategic direction of admissions and marketing for Covenant College. Previously marketing was separate from admissions, and this position will unify these groups. This position will collaborate with the Vice President for Admissions and Marketing to ensure focus and consistent strategy across all admissions and marketing initiatives.
- Direct the strategic planning and implementation of the College’s admissions and marketing efforts.
- Partner with campus stakeholders (e.g. faculty, athletics, alumni) in the development of recruitment initiatives and promotional activities.
- Lead and manage a varied group of direct and indirect reports, bringing a unified vision to groups that have not been unified in the past.
- Attract, develop, motivate and retain talented employees. Identify performance trends, encourage professional growth opportunities, and deliver individual and team feedback through coaching.
- Maintain awareness of innovations and trends in recruitment and financial aid, and ensure that recruitment efforts are of the highest caliber, maintaining the College’s standards of ethics, integrity and excellence.
- Participate in regional and national organizations.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure new students receive exceptional service, fostering trust and cooperation between the Office of Admissions and other departments.
- Ensure compliance with all government and accreditation requirements in admissions.
- Conduct audits to assess effectiveness of controls, accuracy of departmental records, and efficiency of operations.
- Liaison with data analytics to incorporate data-driven decision making into both marketing and admissions
- Other duties as assigned by the Vice President for Admissions & Marketing.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge, and experience in the strategic development and execution of marketing, communications, and public relations activities.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge, and experience in the strategic development and execution of admissions activities.
- Strong alignment with the idea that marketing and admissions are integrally related.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Ability to think strategically and delegate effectively in order to accomplish more with a limited budget.
- Commitment to working with cross-functional teams and ability to collaborate with various constituents across the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to incorporate a consumer-first mindset to all activities.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Ability to see problems and have the courage to address them.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Required experience in both marketing and admissions. Expected 2+ years of each, totaling a minimum of seven (7) years experience in both.
- Demonstrated experience effectively managing a team of people.
- Experience in higher education.
- Experience in both non-profit and for-profit sectors.
- Graduate degree in a related field.
- Working knowledge of Google Apps and experience with a website content management system, a customer relationship management system, and marketing automation.
- An acceptance of and commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord
- An understanding of the mission and purpose of Covenant College
- Must be able to assent to Covenant College’s Staff Commitments
PHYSICAL WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This is largely a sedentary role, but the employee is free to stand and walk at will. Lifting or lowering an object less than 5 lbs. from one level to another may be required.
Some travel required.
Interested applicants should submit the following application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Letter of interest
- Statement of faith & Christian experience