Director of Marketing and Communications
Regular, Full-time (40 hours/week)
Vice President for Admissions & Marketing
The Director of Marketing & Communications oversees and directs the Office of Marketing & Communications. The director is responsible for strategic marketing and communications planning and execution, office budget oversight, management of office staff members, publications, websites and electronic media, social media, brand development, media relations, advertising, external communications, and guidance regarding internal communications.
- Direct the strategic planning and implementation of the College’s marketing and communications efforts.
- Work Collaboratively with Senior staff and representatives from other offices to meet annual recruiting and fundraising goals.
- Lead and manage a team of marketing and communications professionals, promoting a culture of excellence and high performance.
- Prepare and manage departmental budget.
- Edit and publish the College’s magazine, View.
- Supervise the production of print collateral and other branded items as appropriate.
- Direct the strategic development and management of the College’s websites and social media presence.
- Manage the production of e-newsletters and email campaigns.
- Responsible for the publication of College photography, videography, and audio recordings.
- Guide the development of Covenant’s brand, including the implementation of the College’s identity manual.
- Serve as the primary media relations contact for the College. Plan and coordinate the issuance of news releases and assist members of the media as needed.
- Direct and manage College advertising.
- Advise the cabinet regarding internal communications.
- Other duties as assigned by the Vice President for Admissions & Marketing.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge, and experience in the strategic development and execution of marketing, communications, and public relations activities.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Commitment to working with cross-functional teams and ability to collaborate with various constituents across the organization.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in marketing, communications, and/or public relations, with progressive increase in responsibility.
- Demonstrated experience effectively managing a team of people, with specific experience in hiring, training, coaching, and managing performance.
- Experience in overseeing the development and production of print collateral and of web and electronic media.
- Experience in higher education.
- Experience in both nonprofit and for-profit sectors.
- Graduate degree in a related field.
- Working knowledge of Google Apps and experience with a website content management system, a customer relationship management system, and marketing automation.
- An acceptance of and commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord
- An understanding of the mission and purpose of Covenant College
- Must be able to assent to Covenant College’s Staff Commitments
PHYSICAL WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
- Remain in a stationary position at least 50% of the work day
- Lifting: occasionally; classified as light, lifting or lowering an object from one level to another (includes upward pulling) up to 10 lbs
- Limited travel to professional conferences/seminars
Interested applicants should submit the following application materials to email@example.com
- Letter of interest
- Statement of faith