Human Resources Associate
Part-Time, 28 hours per week average
Director of Human Resources
The HR Generalist is responsible for assisting in the day-to-day operations of the human resources office and works closely with other members of the HR team in supporting the mission of the department and the overall mission of the college. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: onboarding, benefits administration, recruitment/employment, employment law compliance, and work environment.
- Conduct onboarding of newly hired employees and coordinate with hiring manager and various departments to ensure an excellent new hire experience.
- Assist in the administration of health and welfare benefit plans, retirement savings plans, and all other benefit programs.
- Create communication pieces informing employees of changes and updates relative to health and welfare benefits, retirement savings plans, and any other benefit programs offered by the college.
- Assist employees in resolving routine benefit questions and issues.
- Communicate as needed with outsourced service providers, brokers, and carriers regarding routine administrative matters and the coordination of benefit-related events, such as biometric screenings, wellness activities and other employer-sponsored events.
- Assist in the benefit renewal process by working with health insurance broker, carriers, and other vendors. Coordinate the annual benefit open enrollment process, and work with HR Director to execute the benefits and communication strategy.
- Stay current on laws and emerging regulations affecting Covenant’s benefit plans and assist in ensuring compliance with relevant federal and state laws and regulations.
- Ensure benefit plan communications and plan documentation are accurate; update plan documents both electronic and hardcopy in accordance with legislative updates.
- Assist in developing internal programs that educate employees on benefit offerings.
- Participate in HR-related committees and subcommittees as directed, such as the Benefits Committee, Wellness Committee, and Retirement Plan Committee.
- Help to create opportunities and nurture current initiatives that cultivate a healthy work environment, employee health and wellness, and employee engagement.
- Assist in the hiring and selection process by coordinating job postings, reviewing application materials, communicating with candidates, and ensuring internal processes are followed.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Ability to use discretion in sensitive and confidential employee matters
- Excellent attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years human resources generalist experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Working knowledge of Google Suite
- SHRM-CP or PHR certification preferred
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- An acceptance of and commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord
- An understanding of the mission and purpose of Covenant College
- Must be able to assent to Covenant College’s Staff Commitments
PHYSICAL WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
- Remain in a stationary position at least 50% of the work day
- Lifting: occasionally; classified as light, lifting or lowering an object from one level to another (includes upward pulling) up to 10 lbs
Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. Before being considered, an applicant will need to submit:
- Letter of interest
- Résumé, including contact information for three references
- A statement of faith, sharing about his or her ongoing walk with Christ
Submit all documents to: email@example.com