Regional Director of Development
Regular, Full-time (40 hours/week)
VP for Development
The Regional Director of Development of Covenant College is responsible for developing and cultivating relationships that will in turn lead to monetary support of the mission of Covenant College.
- Market and develop assigned region and/or assigned contacts toward meeting annual fund, capital, endowment and restricted goals and objectives. The agenda for contact development is set by the agenda of the donors.
- Identify, manage, and move assigned individuals and organizations from informed prospects to donors of first time gifts, to repeat givers, to long-term faithful supporters, to capital givers, and finally to estate contributors, according to goals set in the annual Advancement plan.
- Manage and cultivate portfolio relationships.
- Develop and maintain personal database and tickler file, according to procedures for GIFT.
- Work with Director of Development Operations, ensuring the timely completion and submittal of Donor Contact Reports/ Updates, as well as of request letters, proposals, scholarship requirements, and follow-up. Observe critical deadlines such as month-end goals, calendar year goals, fiscal year goals, and capital goals. Performance measured through the Matrix System.
- Fulfill other duties as assigned by the Vice President for Development.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to use discretion and have sound judgment and integrity in confidential matters.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to develop and cultivate strong relationships with various constituents of the College.
- Self-starter, with the ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Basic understanding of financial instruments, financial planning, estate design, and endowment policy.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Five years of work experience, preferably in recruitment, sales, church relations, fundraising, marketing, education, or an otherwise related area
- Working knowledge of Google Suite or MS Office suite
- Master’s Degree preferred
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- An acceptance of and commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord
- An understanding of the mission and purpose of Covenant College
- Must be able to assent to Covenant College’s Staff Commitments
PHYSICAL WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
- Remain in a stationary position at least 50% of the work day
- Lifting: occasionally; classified as light, lifting or lowering an object from one level to another (includes upward pulling) up to 10 lbs
This position requires approximately 50% travel with occasional work in the evenings and on weekends.
Interested applicants should submit the following application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Letter of interest
- Résumé, including contact information for three references
- Statement of faith, sharing about his/her ongoing walk with Jesus Christ