Regional Director of Development
VP for Development
- The Regional Director of Development of Covenant College is responsible for developing and cultivating relationships that will in turn lead to monetary support of the mission of Covenant College.
- Market and develop assigned region and/or assigned contacts toward meeting annual fund, capital, endowment and restricted goals and objectives. The agenda for contact development is set by the agenda of the donors.
- Identify, manage, and move assigned individuals and organizations from informed prospects to donors of first time gifts, to repeat givers, to long-term faithful supporters, to capital givers, and finally to estate contributors, according to goals set in the annual Advancement plan.
- Manage and cultivate portfolio relationships.
- Develop and maintain personal database and tickler file, according to procedures for GIFT.
- Work with Director of Development Operations, ensuring the timely completion and submittal of Donor Contact Reports/ Updates, as well as of request letters, proposals, scholarship requirements, and follow-up. Observe critical deadlines such as month-end goals, calendar year goals, fiscal year goals, and capital goals. Performance measured through the Matrix System.
- Fulfill other duties as assigned by the Vice President for Development.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to use discretion and have sound judgment and integrity in confidential matters.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to develop and cultivate strong relationships with various constituents of the College.
- Self-starter, with the ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Basic understanding of financial instruments, financial planning, estate design, and endowment policy.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Five years of work experience, preferably in recruitment, sales, church relations, fundraising, marketing, education, or an otherwise related area
- Working knowledge of Google Suite or MS Office suite
Master’s Degree preferred
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- An acceptance of and commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord
- An understanding of the mission and purpose of Covenant College
- Must be able to assent to Covenant College’s Staff Commitments
PHYSICAL WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
- Remain in a stationary position at least 50% of the work day
- Lifting: occasionally; classified as light, lifting or lowering an object from one level to another (includes upward pulling) up to 10 lbs
This position requires approximately 50% travel with occasional work in the evenings and on weekends.
Interested applicants should submit the following application materials to email@example.com
- Letter of interest
- Résumé, including contact information for three references
- Statement of faith, sharing about his/her ongoing walk with Jesus Christ