Softball Head Coach
Regular, Full-time (40 hours/week)
Director of Athletics
The position of Softball Head Coach is a full-time position. The coach is responsible to the Director of Athletics for the performance of the duties that this job description assigns.
Responsible for management and development of all aspects of a collegiate softball program including but not limited to:
- Discipleship of the students athletes in the program.
- Teaching and modeling the value of Christian competition.
- Recruiting and retaining quality student athletes who value and understand Covenant College’s mission and vision.
- Overseeing all aspects of both varsity and junior varsity teams with a total target roster of 36 students athletes for the softball program.
- Hiring and supervising assistant coaches, including a full time assistant if target roster of 36 is achieved.
- Creating service and mission opportunities for student athletes to give back to the community.
- Planning, oversight, and administration of the softball budget.
- Organizing, planning and scheduling of all practices and competitions.
- Monitoring academic performance of student athletes and partnering with Student Development for discipleship, development and retention of student athletes.
- Conducting summer and exposure softball camps.
- Contributing and caring for the development and growth of the athletic department as a whole.
- If an Athletic Administrative Role is required within the Athletic Department, this position will be assigned by the Director of Athletics. This position will require that an average of 10 hours per week be dedicated to this role. Examples of possible roles include but are not limited to: game day management, intramurals, strength and conditioning, NCAA compliance, laundry, or student employee oversight.
- A commitment to adhering to all policies, rules, and regulations of Covenant College, USA South Athletic Conference and the NCAA
- Ability to work cooperatively with other administrators, coaches, students and faculty members
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in coaching softball
- A strong understanding of and commitment to NCAA Division III
- Master’s degree
- Softball coaching experience at collegiate level
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- An acceptance of and commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord
- An understanding of the mission and purpose of Covenant College
- Must be able to assent to Covenant College’s Staff Commitments
Interested applicants should submit the following application materials to Tim Sceggel, Director of Athletics at email@example.com:
- Letter of interest
- Résumé, including contact information for three references
- Statement of faith, sharing about his/her ongoing walk with Jesus Christ
- Description of coaching philosophy