Student Development Office Coordinator
VP for Student Development
The Student Development Office Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative support that includes performance of secretarial, receptionist and customer service for the Office of Student Development. In this role, the Office Coordinator will work to promote and enhance learning within the academic culture of Covenant College as defined by the purpose and mission of the college and the student development office. This is an entry-level Student Development support position; relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the primary functions of the job.
- Administrative Functions:
- Assist in departmental research by data input, processing of reports for statistical studies
- Assist staff and students with activities related to Student Development: Communications, updated and/or revised forms, handouts, handbooks
- Update printed materials and keep available for staff, students, parents (applications, website, e-board, intranet, etc.)
- Process Incident Reports and other Student Development fines
- Receptionist Responsibilities:
- Serve as first contact person in the front office providing quality office support that promotes the efficient operation of Student Development.
- Schedule appointments and meetings
- Receive & forward calls to appropriate personnel
- Open and distribute mail
- Process departmental requisitions and reimbursement forms for Student Development and Residence Life staff
- Collect info and set up “On Duty” Schedules (RAs & RDs)
- Coordinate the Mark 10:45 Program
- Forms - Updated, printed, distributed
- Placement of student workers includes:
- Communication between internal and external supervisors and students
- Notification to students and supervisors of assignment
- Gather and provide information concerning student interest & experience
- Assist in departmental reporting, tracking and special projects as assigned
- Follow-up with students who have failed to complete their hours
- Provide guidance and support to Work Study Students
- Training and monitoring of student work team
- Cover front desk during lunch and meetings - M-F 8-4:30
- Initiate Work Study projects based on departmental goals and work closely with WS students to insure completion of various projects (in a timely manner).
- Verify student worker time cards
- Complete evaluation forms for student workers each semester and/or as requested by Financial Aid Work Study Coordinator
- Perform accurate data entry and maintains effective and accurate filing systems that provide a quick reference data base of records; this includes but is not limited to housing, meals, holds, fines, off-campus housing, spreadsheets, and assess fines
- Fulfill all other such duties as assigned by the Vice President for Student Development
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with various constituencies of the college, both internal and external.
- Strong initiative to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to initiate and implement projects in an efficient and effective manner
- Self-starter who can work independently and collegially
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1-3 years office/clerical experience
- Proficiency with Google Apps or Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor’s degree
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- An acceptance of and commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- An understanding of the mission and purpose of Covenant College
- Must be able to assent to Covenant College’s Staff Commitments
PHYSICAL WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines for at least 75% of the work day.
- Remain in a standing or stationary position at least 50% of the work day.
Interested applicants should submit the following application materials to email@example.com:
- Letter of interest
- Statement of faith