Professor of Education
edTPA Coordinator for the Department of Education
On faculty since 2004
EdD, University of San Francisco
MA, Holy Names University
BA, Covenant College
City College of San Francisco
My research interests concern the biblical integration of curriculum as well as math and science education, particularly from a Christian perspective. I am interested in exploring how educational theories influence instructional strategies.
My wife and I have eight children ranging in age from 21 years to 45 years old. Our seventh child has Down Syndrome. Having a child with special needs has been both a blessing and a challenge. I'm interested, along with my wife, in learning more about educating children with special needs. In my free time, in addition to researching issues related to education, I write music and play guitar.
Faculty Status Committee, Present Technology Committee, 2013-Present Diversity Committee, 2014-2015 Curriculum Committee, Chair: 2006 – 2011 Technology Coordinator for Education Department, 2015-Present Review and Recommendation Group on Kuyper’s Common Grace: God’s Gift for a Fallen World, vol. 1, Fall 2018 Campus Activity Board Faculty Advisor, Fall 2012 Education Club Advisor, 2008-11 Hip Hop Dance Club Sponsor, 2004-05 .
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
- Oobleck: A constructivist science lesson from a Christian perspective. Teaching With Compassion, Competence, Commitment, 2(1), 47-53. (2008).
- The Mathematics Classroom as a Place of Worship, Workshop for ACSI Convention, Birmingham, (2008).
- Science on a Budget, Workshop for ACSI Convention, Birmingham, (2007).
- "The Collaborative Community: A Model for Christian Schooling" In Schools As Communities, edited by James Drexler, Colorado Springs: Purposeful Designs. (2007).