Capital IT Intern
The Technical Support Specialists internship is a full-time position within UPS Capital/Parcel Pro. The primary role is to assists customers with IT needs ranging from helping printing to Parcel Pro API integration with their website and solving various problems that must draw from previous knowledge to solve IT problems. The interns will join the software development and support teams, supporting the Insurance business operation. The interns will assist with analysis and resolution of defects reported by business. Interns will participate in business meetings, prepare data analysis, participate in code reviews, present to senior managers, be assigned peer mentors, works with members of the business community and, get a chance to network with supervisors and managers, and receive meaningful evaluations.
The Technical Support Specialist Intern demonstrates the ability to investigate, diagnose and solve computer hardware/software faults. He/She interacts with customers to assist with various IT problems and determine solutions to correct problems. Technical Support Specialist Intern follows company software standards, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates the ability to Install and configure computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners
- Ability to plan and undertake schedule maintenance upgrades
- Work with development team to correct issues and maintain existing features
- Must be proficient with support to customers using Parcel Pro API
- Demonstrate ability to run CRUD queries
- Demonstrate ability to document support procedures
- Demonstrates the ability to solve problems quickly
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- Able to learn new software quickly
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates patience and maintain professional manner at all times
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer
- Employer will not sponsor a visa for this or future positions
- Must be currently located in the same geographic location as the job or willing to relocate yourself
- Knowledge of SQL, understanding of JSON and able to run CRUD inquiries
- Senior in college or recently graduate with a 4 year degree
- Able to work 40 hours a week
- Able to lift 20-30 lbs. such as computer and peripherals
To apply, visit the UPS website.