GL Accounting Intern
The Finance and Accounting Intern will work in the Global Accounting Center (GAC) in Coppell, TX. The GAC reconciles the monthly balance sheet for all UPS entities in the Americas. The intern will participate in monthly account reconciliations and the month end close process for the UPS General Ledger Accounts.
The intern will research and analyze existing and newly transitioned accounts in order to determine and create written process documents for monthly reconciliation of accounts. The intern will assist with month end close by manipulating large data sets, for submission to the General Ledger and consolidating data to support reconciliations.
The intern may also be assigned to special projects which may include, but are not limited to, the Peru Transition, Rental Account Processes, Research, and Statutory/GAAP Accounting.
- Research and document existing processes
- Prepares month end journal entries
- Completes monthly reconciliations
- Completes special projects as assigned
- Demonstrates ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates problem solving capabilities and able to work independently under minimal supervision
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates foundational understanding of finance and accounting
- Possesses excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrates attention to detaill
- Demonstrates knowledge of accounting principals
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (i.e., Excel, Access, Word, Power Point, etc.) or equivalent software preferred
- Availability to work a minimum of 35 to 40 hours per week preferred
- Majoring in or have graduated with a degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish (Advanced Skills in reading, writing, and speaking) preferred
To apply, visit the UPS website.