Next Step Ministries Internships
This summer you have to opportunity to be a part of over 150 young adults who will join us in our goal to come alongside communities to bring about holistic development while simultaneously creating a platform where students can radically experience Christ in the context of week-long mission trips. In addition, you will gain valuable knowledge and experience in a specific area related to your field of interest whether it be construction, worship, youth ministry or missional leadership. With this incredible hands-on experience comes the beauty of building relationships: relationships with the team you will be serving on, the community you will be serving in, and the churches you will be serving with. You will be humbled by the responsibility, challenged by the tasks in front of you, and forever changed by your summer with Next Step.
There is no hiding it; a summer on Next Step Staff is a challenging one. There is little sleep, and no down time, it’s a 24/7 job that will require everything in you. But if you are ready to really push yourself to live in true community and learn to humbly serve the way Christ calls, then this is for you!
We will begin reviewing applications for the 2017 summer beginning Oct 1st, 2016. All Next Step Interns are required to be at least 18 years of age, and have been out of high school for at least one year.
- Training Week: May 22nd - 27th
- Prep Week: May 28th – June 3rd
- Mission Trips: June 4 – August 5th
- Banquet: August 8th, 2017
* Some positions have additional training requirements.
- Los Angeles, CA
- Milwaukee, WI
- Braxton County, WV
- Fairbanks, AK
- Lexington County, SC
- Lorain County, OH
- San Augustine, TX
- Sumpango, Guatemala
- Colorado Springs, CO
- Crownpoint, NM
- Pine Ridge, SD
- Joplin, MO
- Long Island, NY
- Moore, OK
- Fond Blanc, Haiti
- Madison, WI
Internship Pay: $1,500- 2,000
* Some positions are required to raise support
Four Internship Tracks:
- Missional Leadership: Are you passionate about leadership and looking to further develop a skill set needed to be a great leader? Next Step is looking for leaders who want to challenge their abilities in a fast paced summer internship experience. Click here to learn how you can develop yourself as a leader while also gaining valuable mission field experience! Positions in this area include: team leader, assistant team leader, and community coordinator.
- Worship: Looking for an opportunity to use your passion for music, while being the hands and feet of Christ on the mission field? At Next Step we desire to see worship and music transform communities and draw them closer to Christ. Positions in this area include: worship leader, worship team member, and media tech.
- Youth Ministry: Each summer, we hire high energy young adults who have a deep desire to lead students from all over the US into a deeper relationship with Christ through the sharing of their testimony and scriptures. Postions in this area include: emcee.
- Construction: With construction being the main platform we use to serve alongside communities, our construction staff is crucial. A construction internship with Next Step gives you the unique opportunity to gain experience and actively live out your faith. Positions in this area include: construction manager, construction team member.
How to apply:
- Choose your desired internship position.
- Prepare application materials, which includes a resume, two references, and a video sample of you playing music for worship applicants or a video of you delivering a message for youth ministry applicants.
- Fill out the internship application at this link. We will contact you within 48 hours of receiving your application.
For more information, visit the Next Step internships page.