Associate Professor of Theological Studies
Biblical & Theological Studies
On Faculty Since 2012
- PhD, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
- M.Div., Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
- Internal Medicine Residency, Mayo Graduate School of Medicine
- MD, Howard University College of Medicine
Interests / Specialization
- Doctrine of Creation
- Doctrine of Sin
- Doctrine of Scripture
- Science and Theology
Selected Professional Work
- “Evolution of Sin? How the Christian Doctrine of Sin Helps Us Evaluate Theistic Evolution.” Christ Church PCA (Grand Rapids, MI), April 17, 2023
- Three plenary lectures on young-earth creationism, at The Aldersgate Forum, Cincinnati, OH, Oct 25–27, 2022
- Co-author, with John Wingard, “Responding to Homosexuality: Culture of Care versus Culture of Cure,” published on The Gospel Coalition website, April 25, 2022 (https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/reviews/still-time-care/)
- “The Drama of (Imputation) Doctrine: Original Guilt as Biblical and Systematic Theology,” in the Conference on The Drama of Evangelical Hermeneutics: A Conference in Honor of Kevin J. Vanhoozer, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, Deerfield, IL, March 12, 2022
- “Literality, Incredulity, and Hermeneutical Schizophrenia,” published in the Henry
Center Sapientia digital periodical, January 6, 2022
Get to know your professor
Q. If you could compete in an olympic sport, what would it be and why?
A. Soccer--I'm Nigerian ... enough said!
Q. Favorite movie?
A. Shawshank Redemption
Q. Favorite local restaurant?
A. St. John's (when I have the money!)
Q. Favorite food?
A. Semolina and Okra Soup (Nigerian); Krapfen (Austrian)
Q. What is one thing that instantly makes your day better?
A. A cold ginger beer
Q. Personal Interests/Hobbies
A. Reading fiction; watching good movies with my family