Assistant Professor of Marketing
On Faculty Since 2018
We provide a select offering of marketing courses designed to equip students with marketing foundations in theory and practical application. At Covenant, students learn from an experienced marketing practitioner who navigated being a Christian at Fortune 500 corporations. In addition, students are known, mentored, and nurtured in an academically rigorous environment.
- PhD candidate in Business Administration (Marketing), Coles College of Business, Kennessaw State University
- MBA, University of North Carolina
- BS, Thomas Jefferson University (formerly Philadelphia University)
Interests / Specialization
- Consumer Behavior
- Marketing Research
- New Product Development
Selected Professional Work
- Dissertation: Consumers’ Assessment of Retailer Donation Types: Money, Labor, or Products
- Committee: Brian Rutherford (chair), Armen Tashchian, Patrick van Esch; Defense - Summer 2023
- Matos-Wood, A. “The Link between Nonprofit Marketing and Donor Giving: The Impact of Targeted Promotions,” Atlantic Marketing Association 2020 Virtual Conference.
- Matos-Wood, A. “Is there an ROI for Being Ethical? The Impact of Consumer Perceived Ethicality on Brand Equity,” Association of Marketing Theory & Practice 2020 Virtual Conference.
Get to know your professor
Q. If you could compete in an olympic sport, what would it be and why?
A. Field Hockey - I was a defensive player in high school and college
Q. Favorite movie?
A. The Princess Bride
Q. Favorite local restaurant?
Q. Favorite food?
Q. What is one thing that instantly makes your day better?
A. A hug from my kiddos
Q. If you could teach any other major, what would it be?
A. Nonprofit Management
Q. Personal Interests/Hobbies
A. Reading, cycling, paddle boarding, music (listening), trying new foods