Professor of Physics
"Physics at Covenant College? Science with a Reformed edge! If you are serious about your Christianity, and you think physics may be your calling, you should investigate Covenant College. The physics department makes it a point to introduce you to all that the Reformed tradition has to offer concerning our understanding of science."
- BS (Physics from LSU, 1981)
- MS (Applied Physics from Stanford, 1983)
- PhD (Applied Physics from Stanford, 1987)
Interests / Specialization
- Condensed Matter Experimental Physics (Superconductivity and Magnetism)
Selected Professional Work
- “A Pedagogical Extension of the One Dimensional Schr ̈odinger’s Equation to Symmetric Proximity Effect System Film Sandwiches,” AIP Advances 12, 015015 (2022)
- “Parallel Critical Field in Thin Niobium Films: Comparison to Theory,” J. Low Temp. Phys. 189, 108 (2017)
- “Proximity effect in Nb-Mo layered films: Transition temperature and critical current dependence on period,” J. Appl. Phys. 110, 073196 (2011)
- “Pedagogical applications of the one-dimensional Schro ̈dinger’s equation to proxim- ity effect systems: Comparison of Dirichlet and Neumann boundary conditions,” Am. J. Phys. 77, 360 (2009)
- “Advances in the development of the magnetoquenched superconducting valve: Integrated control lines and a Nb-based device,” J. Appl. Phys. 91, 1371 (2002)
Get to know your professor
Q. Favorite movie?
Q. Favorite local restaurant?
Q. Favorite Food?
A. Maque Chou
Q. Personal Interests/Hobbies
A. Biking, Walking