If you plan to interact with people, knowing psychology is invaluable! Our program helps students learn to appreciate the complexity of the human mind and evaluate psychological research. Our faculty love to develop our students' unique gifts and interests as they progress through their studies.
- PhD, University of California, Los Angeles
- MA, University of California, Los Angeles
- BA, Samford University
Interests / Specialization
- Science of teaching and learning
- Human memory
Selected Professional Work
- Yue, C. L. (2023). Alternative grading in a General Psychology class. Participant Idea Exchange at the National Institute on the Teaching of Psychology.
- Yue, C. L. (2020). Improving learner metacognition and self-regulation. In T. Ober, E. Che, J. Brodsky, C. Raffaele, & P. Brooks (Eds.), How We Teach Now: The GSTA Guide to Transformative Teaching. American Psychological Association.
- Yue, C. L. (2018). Student learning and attitudes in a partially flipped undergraduate research methods course. Participant Idea Exchange at the National Institute on the Teaching of Psychology.
- Yue, C. L., & Bjork, E. L. (2017). Using selective redundancy to eliminate the seductive details effect. Applied Cognitive Psychology, 31, 565-571. doi: 10.1002/acp.3348
- Yue, C. L., Soderstrom, N. C., & Bjork, E. L. (2015). Partial testing can potentiate learning of tested and untested material from multimedia lessons. Journal of Educational Psychology, 107, 991-1005. doi: 10.1037/edu0000031
Get to know your professor
Q. If you could compete in an olympic sport, what would it be and why?
A. Maybe an equestrian sport...because I never completely got over my horse phase.
Q. What is one thing that instantly makes your day better?
A. A nap
Q. If you could teach any other major, what would it be?
A. I'll stick to teaching psychology, but I'd love to take some literature classes!
Q. Personal Interests/Hobbies
A. I like to read, especially sci fi/fantasy books (full confession: I am a Trekkie). I also enjoy playing piano and spending time with my family (husband, kids, and dog).