Associate Professor of Spanish
On Faculty Since 2021
Covenant is the best place to get an excellent classrooom education from a Christian perspective that is integrated with multiple experiential learning opportunities working with Hispanics in Chattanooga. We partner with multiple, local organizations in Chattanooga that offer our students opportunities to use Spanish for the professions (medical, legal, education) and learn language and culture directly from interactions with Hispanics.
- Ph.D. University of Notre Dame
Interests / Specialization
- Anglo-Spanish relations and representations in Early Modern literature
- Protestant and Catholic Reformations
- The Novel
- Religion and Literature
Selected Professional Work
- The English Reformation in the Spanish Imagination: Rewriting Nero, Jezebel, and the Dragon. Toronto; Buffalo; London: University of Toronto Press, 2022. ISBN: 9781487563509.
- «Beasts, Harpies, & Medeas: Tudor Representations in Lope & Calderón», en Anuario Calderoniano 11 (2018): 81-99.
- «Una reina de novela: Isabel de Inglaterra y la ejemplaridad en Cervantes, Ribadeneyra y Yepes», en Hipogrifo. Revista de literatura y cultura del Siglo de Oro 6.2 (2018): 75-86.
- “English Books and Irish Catholic Life in Spain” Renaissance Society of America Annual Meeting. San Juan, Puerto Rico. 9-11 March 2023
- “Holiness by Association: English Catholic Martyrs as a Pathway to Spanish Sainthood.” Sixteenth Century Society Conference. Minneapolis, MN. 27-30 October 2022"
Get to know your professor
Q. If you could compete in an olympic sport, what would it be and why?
A. Wakeboarding or snowboarding. I used to do wakeboarding in Michigan in the summers and loved it, and I've always wanted to try snowboarding (though I never have).
Q. Favorite movie?
A. The Matrix
Q. Favorite local restaurant?
A. Rodizio Grill (it's similar to beef back home in Argentina)
Q. Favorite food?
A. Argentinean beef
Q. What is one thing that instantly makes your day better?
A. Swimming in an empty pool or sitting in the sunshine in a mid-70s, non-humid day.
Q. If you could teach any other major, what would it be?
Q. Personal Interests/Hobbies
A. Water sports and swimming (preferably at the beach), traveling, photography, learning about people and cultures, cooking, hosting, reading, fixing things