When will my account be deleted after I graduate/do not return?
If you have recently graduated, your Banner/Gmail account will stay active through August 15 following commencement.
If you are an undergraduate student who is not returning, your Banner/email account will remain active until after the start of the next term. Accounts will be disabled on February 15 for fall students who do not return in the spring; and September 15 for spring students who do not return in the fall.
If you are a graduate student who is not returning, your Banner/email account will remain active until the start of the next term. This is normally about 1 year after the beginning of your last enrollment term.
For all students - you will begin receiving email notifications to your Covenant College email address 30 days before your account is scheduled to be disabled.
Important: If you have any Google documents that you would like to keep, please be sure to download them to a personal device before your Covenant account is disabled.
Option 1 - Copy content from your Covenant account to another Gmail account
You can copy and transfer your Covenant files to another Google Account. This process lets you:
Backup your files from time to time
Keep important files when you graduate, switch schools, or leave for another reason
What you can copy
You can copy and transfer these kinds of files from your Covenant account to another Google Account:
Email in Gmail (not contacts, chats, or tasks)
Documents that you own in Google Drive (except files in the "Google Photos" section of Drive)
Documents in My Drive
The original files stay in your Covenant account. Any changes you make to the copied files don't affect the originals.
Copy & transfer your files
Each time you copy files from your Covenant account, a new set of copies is created in your Google Account.
Create an account
If you haven't already, create a Google Account. Your new email address will be your firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prepare your files
To copy content that other people have shared with you, add those files to My Drive.
Start the copy process
On your school account, go to Transfer your content.
Enter the email address of the Google Account where you want to copy your content.
Select Get code.
On your Google Account, check your Gmail inbox for a confirmation email from Google. In the email, select Get confirmation code. A new tab will open with a code.
On your Covenant account, go back to the "Transfer your content" page. Enter the code, then choose Verify.
Choose the content you'd like to copy, then select Start transfer.
Details about the copy process
The copy process usually happens within a few hours, but it can take up to a week.
Copied files might appear in batches on your Google Account during the copy process.
When your files are finished copying, you'll get an email at your Gmail address.
Download files that aren't copied
To save your content from other Google products, you can download your data.
For example, you can download your Gmail contacts, your YouTube videos, and your photo albums in Google Photos.
Don't see "Transfer your content" page
The "Transfer your content" option is available only to Google Accounts through a school. Make sure you're signed in to your Covenant account.
Transfer Your Content is only available to authorized G Suite for Education Accounts.
You may receive the message "Transfer Your Content is only available to authorized G Suite for Education Accounts. Please contact your administrator, or sign in with another Google Account".
To fix this error, you must be logged into Google Accounts in separate Chrome instances. You may also use a different web browser like Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft Edge to login to your Covenant account. Using two different web browsers keeps logins in separate instances because they are in a different application.
Confirmation code doesn't work
If you can't get a confirmation code or the code doesn't work, here are a few possible reasons.
Code expired. Codes stop working after 24 hours.
Code was already used. Each code can be used only once. You need to use a new code each time you copy files.
Code was replaced. If you request a code more than once, only the most recent one works. Try again and make sure you've entered the most recent code.
Confirmation email was forwarded. If the confirmation email was forwarded to another account, selecting "Get confirmation code" won't work. Sign in to the Google Account where the email was sent and try again.
Tip: To get a new code, on the "Transfer your content" page, select Resend code.
Can't copy files
If you're having trouble copying your files, here are some possible causes.
Not enough storage
Sign in to the Google Account where you want to copy your content.
Check your storage space.
If you don't have enough storage, you can clear storage space or buy more storage.
Tip: If you've copied your content before, you can delete old copies to make more room.
The file owner might have restricted the file's settings.
Delete copied files
The copied files are grouped together by labels in Gmail and by folders in Drive, so you can easily delete them.
Change a file's owner
If you're the owner of a file in Google Drive, you can transfer ownership.
For example, if you'll graduate soon and you own documents for a student club, you might want to transfer ownership to another Covenant student.
Sign onto your COVENANT Google account and carefully follow the steps listed below:
- Log onto Google Takeout (takeout.
- Under "Select data to include", deselect all, then check Google Drive. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Next Step.
- Under "Choose file type, frequency & destination, set the Delivery method to "Add to Drive." Scroll down to the bottom of the page and Click Create Export. Note: if your Google Drive is large, you may want to wait until Google sends you an email notifying you that the export is complete).
- Once the export is complete, log onto Google Drive (drive.google.com) using your Covenant account.
- Open the folder named "Takeout". Right-click on the file and select "Share."
- Share the file with your non-Covenant Gmail address. Google will ask if you want to share outside of your organization. Select "Share anyway."
Sign off of your Covenant Google account. Now, sign onto your NON-COVENANT Google Account and complete the following steps:
- Log onto Google drive (drive.google.com).
- Go to "Shared with me" .
- Right-click on the Takeout file (it will be named "takeout" plus the year, month, day, and time of your export). Select "Make a copy". Google will create a copy of the zipped file with you as the owner.
- Double-click the "Copy of takeout" file and select "Open with ZIP Extractor (located at the top center of your screen). When Zip Extractor is ready to extract the files, click the blue "Extract" button. This will extract all of the files to Google Drive.
- When Zip Extractor has finished extracting the files, click "View Files." You now have a folder named "Takeout" that is owned by you and contains all of your Covenant Google Drive files.
- If you wish, you can drag the "Takeout" folder to your My Drive for easier access. You can also rename the folder by right-clicking it and selecting the Rename option.
Undergraduate Departments, Majors, Minors, Certificates, Concentrations, and Programs
- Arts Administration
- Environmental Stewardship & Sustainability
- Journalism and Society
- Medical Ethics Consultation
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
- Art, 2-D Concentration
- Art, 3-D Concentration
- Art, Art History Concentration
- Art, Graphic Design Concentration
- Art, Photography Concentration
- Art minor
- Art History minor
- Biblical & Theological Studies
- Biblical & Theological Studies, Missions Concentration
- Biblical & Theological Studies minor
- Biblical Languages minor
- History of Christianity minor
- Missions minor
- Youth Ministry minor
- Biology, Biomedical Concentration
- Biology, Environmental Concentration
- Biology, General
- Biology, Health Professions Concentration
- Biology minor
- Business, Accounting Concentration
- Business, Finance Concentration
- Business, Marketing Concentration
- Sport Management
- Business minor
- Sport Management minor
- Chemistry, Biochemistry Concentration
- Chemistry, General
- Biochemistry minor
- Chemistry minor
- Computer Science
- Computer Science minor
- Community Development
- Community Development minor
- Economics minor
- Education Studies
- Elementary Education (P-5)
- Secondary Education Certifications through MAT program
- Education minor
- Natural Science, Pre-Engineering Studies Concentration
- English, Writing Concentration
- English minor
- Linguistics minor
- Writing minor
- Coaching minor
- History, Art History Concentration
- Political Science
- History minor
- Political Science minor
- Interdisciplinary Studies with Concentrations
- International Studies
- Mathematics minor
- Music, Church Music Concentration
- Music, Creative Studies Concentration
- Music, General Music Concentration
- Music, Instrumental Performance Concentration
- Music, Music Education (Pre-MAT) Concentration
- Music, Organ Performance Concentration
- Music, Piano Pedagogy Concentration
- Music, Piano Performance Concentration
- Music, Theory/Composition Concentration
- Music, Vocal Performance Concentration
- Music minor
- Philosophy minor
- Physics minor
- Pre-Law Studies
- Pre-Medical Studies
- Pre-Nursing Studies
- Pre-Physical Therapy Studies
- Psychology minor
- Sociology, Family Studies & Social Work Concentration
- Sociology minor
- Theatre minor
- French minor
- Spanish minor