Covenant College enjoy campus-wide wireless Internet access.
What is the Wireless Network?
A wireless network consists of access points that are connected to the network and send out radio waves to wireless adapters. Several access points are installed such that their signals overlap. The radio waves are transmitted at 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz and allow the computers (laptops, PDAs, etc) to connect to the network. Covenant is currently using architecture based on the 802.11AC/b/g/n wireless standards.
The wireless network at Covenant College is designed for use by students, faculty, and staff, with a focus on student use. It provides access to e-mail service, web browsing, and file transfer. The wireless network does not provide direct access to shared folders from our servers. Visitors may use the guest network upon request of a guest pass from our office.
What things are prohibited?
Only IT staff is permitted to install access points. The Apple AirPort Station for example, is NOT permitted on campus. This ban INCLUDES any wireless equipped Macintosh configured to act as an access station. Again, the adapter is permitted, but the access point or any wireless device acting as an access point is NOT permitted. Also, the use of ad-hoc wireless network is not permitted on campus, as these will interfere with the network.
How to Connect to Covenant’s Wireless Network
Connecting Your Device to Covenant’s Wireless Network
- Connect to the network named "Register" and enter your username and password when prompted.
- Select “Register Current Device” and follow the directions presented.
- You may need to download a small application to complete the process. This will generate a certificate for your device, install the root certificate authority, and connect to ScotsWiFi with the device certificate.
The following option is available for devices that don't support the authentication protocol used by "ScotsWiFi":
If you know your device's wifi address, visit https://cloudpath.covenant.edu, log in and select “Register Smart Device”, enter a name for the device and then the device’s wifi (MAC) address. You will be presented with the passphrase for “Legacy”, which is a separate SSID for MAC-based authentication.
Your manufacturer should have directions for obtaining the wifi address for your device.
If you are connecting a phone or tablet you may need to turn off the “Private mac address” option.
If you cannot find the wifi address, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information or stop by Mills 110 during business hours with your device to have it connected to the network.
Please note that we have found the Play Station 4s will connect to Covenant's wifi network but experience some latency issues in certain gaming situations.
To print documents from the wireless network, open a web browser and navigate to http://scots.covenant.edu and click on Technology Support. Choose the Wireless Printing link on the left. You will be asked to log in with your Covenant username and password, select the printer, and upload the document you wish to print. Follow the directions on the page to complete the print.
Submitting a Request to Technical Support
Undergraduate Departments, Majors, Minors, Certificates, Concentrations, and Programs
- Arts Administration
- Environmental Stewardship & Sustainability
- Journalism and Society
- Medical Ethics Consultation
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
- Art, 2-D Concentration
- Art, 3-D Concentration
- Art, Art History Concentration
- Art, Graphic Design Concentration
- Art, Photography Concentration
- Art minor
- Art History minor
- Biblical & Theological Studies
- Biblical & Theological Studies, Missions Concentration
- Biblical & Theological Studies minor
- Biblical Languages minor
- History of Christianity minor
- Missions minor
- Youth Ministry minor
- Biology, Biomedical Concentration
- Biology, Environmental Concentration
- Biology, General
- Biology, Health Professions Concentration
- Biology minor
- Business, Accounting Concentration
- Business, Finance Concentration
- Business, Marketing Concentration
- Sport Management
- Business minor
- Sport Management minor
- Chemistry, Biochemistry Concentration
- Chemistry, General
- Biochemistry minor
- Chemistry minor
- Computer Science
- Computer Science minor
- Community Development
- Community Development minor
- Economics minor
- Education Studies
- Elementary Education (P-5)
- Secondary Education Certifications through MAT program
- Education minor
- Natural Science, Pre-Engineering Studies Concentration
- English, Writing Concentration
- English minor
- Writing minor
- Coaching minor
- History, Art History Concentration
- Political Science
- International Studies
- History minor
- Political Science minor
- Interdisciplinary Studies with Concentrations
- Mathematics minor
- Music, Church Music Concentration
- Music, Creative Studies Concentration
- Music, General Music Concentration
- Music, Instrumental Performance Concentration
- Music, Music Education (Pre-MAT) Concentration
- Music, Organ Performance Concentration
- Music, Piano Pedagogy Concentration
- Music, Piano Performance Concentration
- Music, Vocal Performance Concentration
- Music minor
- Philosophy minor
- Physics minor
- Pre-Law Studies
- Pre-Medical Studies
- Pre-Nursing Studies
- Pre-Physical Therapy Studies
- Psychology minor
- Sociology, Family Studies & Social Work Concentration
- Sociology minor
- Theatre minor
- French minor
- Spanish minor